Monday, August 31, 2020

America descends into fascism




I now think that Trump will be re-elected 

As bad as I believe Biden would be, Trump will probably do generational if not permanent damage to American institutions.  Given the limited window remaining to prevent or at least reduce climate disaster, it could be the extinction event...

I simply cannot believe that it is not a bigger deal that police acquiesced in a teen killing unarmed protesters in Kenosha.  The non authoritarian folks cannot win an armed fight with neo Nazi/ white supremacy squads.  Butter knives vs long guns.

Unidentified paramilitary groups snatching people from the streets with no warrants nor due process 

I’m horrified 

I feel helpless to do anything to prevent this though I see the slow motion train wreck about to happen

With Covid-19 leading to travel restrictions globally (the US passport is useless now), we are stuck here.  I hope I can get to New Zealand before the immigration process changes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home